View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
JKH18SS
Old Geiser's Camaros

Drives: 2 Dodge Rams, 2018 1SS Garnet Red
Swapping Recaros with 2ss seats?

Hi Al,
I drove 650 miles in early March to get my new Garnet red 2018 1ss 8spd Camaro. Great dealership and traded in my 18 1ss Red hot car. The new car has the Recaro seat option and I'm a bit larger than average. The seat back bolsters hit me right in the kidneys. I bought a set of leather 2ss seats from a wrecking yard last weekend. Had to replace 1 blown airbag and drivers upper seat cover. My car does not have the seat memory function onboard with these seats. When I installed them they don't work? Can I take the harness out of the Recaros and install them in the 2ss seats to correct? Oddly the Recaros have heating and cooling blowers just like the 2ss. I've got a ton of time and money tied up in these seats and I'm hoping I can salvage the effort.

Love the car, just gets painful after a couple hours of driving. My nephew is in prison and its a 6 hour round trip to go see him. BTW - I'm keeping the Recaro seats and putting them away in case I ever trade the car in. Great seat if I was 5'7 and weighed 140 pounds. They were already on the car along with Mag ride and a sunroof.

Thank you for your help,
JKH18SS
JKH18SS is offline   Reply With Quote