Thread: Ss mpg question
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #26
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf666 View Post
Hey when I get something I try to find the best things that benefit everything including mpg. I know I'll get answers like "why did you get it" but the whole point is to find out why it's so low when many others get better I'm not asking for 25-27 mpg now tf hah. You think something up with the car though if I get 14? Believe me I don't drive it HARD MOST OF THE TIME. Thanks for quick replies btw....
I guess some of us just don't understand the question, in the first place. We bought this car to push its performance to the limits, not its fuel mileage. If you are trying to stretch the mpg, then you aren't maximizing the performance of that BEAST of yours.

I do understand knowing the range of mpg on 'any' vehicle, but for a performance car that's something I'll read on the window sticker... once I sit in the driver's seat I couldn't care less! I would buy a car that specializes in mpg if I wanted to push those limits.

My Camaro might be getting some of the lowest MPG on this forum, I rarely get above 15mpg and regularly under 10mpg. (Rear tires are expensive too, but that's another thing that I accepted when I pulled out of the dealership.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
The benefit of having a badass performance car far outweighs the cost to put in the fuel.
Well said!