View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 12:49 AM   #1
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Traded my Beloved 5th Gen Vert in for 6th Gen

Time to eat a bit of crow..

I wasn't a fan of the 6th Gen. It was nice but I was hyper critical.

Things I didn't care for: The squished too small upper grille, kiddie sized steering wheel and ill placed front quarter seams, especially on light colors.

Over time I came to appreciate the 6th gen style and almost digging it.

Well when it was time to sell my 2013 I considered going back to Mustang, but T4 was out of the question. If I could get a light interior I'd spring for the GT. dark grey or black? No can do.

I don't do Chrysler, bad experience in the later 90s & Challenger is just too big.

So over to my Chevy dealer after checking out a sweet LT RS in Hyper Blue online. It had light grey cloth seats, carpet & headliner. So I figured I'd give it a test drive.

The color almost knocked me over. The tinted windows, black grille & wheels set the blue off perfectly! (My last 3 cars were white)

After coming from a Vert I was curious how a coupe would handle with 20s & run flat, low profile tires. The overall handling was similar but 'tighter' and the tires didn't make too much of a difference.

The doors seem pretty high from inside, the 1 inch diff from 5th gen is quite noticeable. The seats are just as comfortable, but less storage space. The interior of the console is a joke, way too tiny!

I dig the pronounced fenders looking out the windshield, the contoured roof and big fin. Visibility out back is fine for me and the Bose system is great.

The side mirrors are very blah considering the 5th Gens were a work of art. Love, love the tail pipe tips!

HP is up 12 over my 2013. Anywho, here's my new ride.

18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote