View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #30
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
I also wonder if any oil analysis has been done to back up the claim that it gets fuel loaded. Plus, if you drive the car you'll change the oil way sooner than 10k. Hell, im at 4k and OLM is saying right at 35%.

Top tier is pretty much a marketing scam now.
I don't change my oil before 10k. I do an oil analysis every change. And on avg I span 12-15k, per change. Oversized filter, and non off the shelf stuff.

As far as an analysis for the catch can, I had one on my 2013, and it def helps especially after 100k worth of miles I did in 2 years. Had one on my charger and that was 244k miles worth of driving.

The byproduct stuff that condenses with condensation, especially in cooler days....you don't need a bag of hammers to nail the fact you wouldn't wanna reingest that to the engine. Def a worthwhile addition.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote