View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #6
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Well think about it like this. The engine/flywheel is rotating at what, 2 or 3 thousand RPMs, right? Give or take. The clutch disc/transmission is dead stopped. Zero rpms. The slower you engage, the less stress is put on the system. Over time that slow application can burn up a clutch as it's slipping quite a bit, building up heat, but the engagement to you as the drive feels smooth. ....as you let the pedal out faster....you get less slip, right? Too fast, and the car lurches and you stall. That chatter you feel is when you're not quite letting it out TOO fast. The car doesn't quite stall, but the clutch disc and the flywheel are fighting each other. The engine doesn't quite have the speed to get the car going smoothly, and that big girl doesn't wanna get up and go!

The question is, how fast is too fast? All I can say is what I've said before. This car's clutch engagement is no different than any other car or truck I've ever driven. -and I've driven hundreds. It should NOT shudder, or shake, or vibrate 95% of the time under normal driving. Ever now and then, sure. We're all human. But from the sound of things....there's an issue. I'd have it looked at.

Also wanted to point out something I said earlier. SSDan mentioned our dual/twin disc clutches being harder to drive, and I said that wasn't true. Generally speaking, on aftermarket systems not set up for twin discs, this IS true, as he says. On OUR cars, we have dual mass flywheel which basically absorbs some of that vibration. That, and countless hours of world class engineers fine tuning the car. OUR cars have NO driveability issues due to the dual disc system.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote