View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 09:46 AM   #303
MattFL1

Drives: Cadillac Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Astonopolis View Post
How does the Blackwing compare to the 1LE?
I've only driven the 1LE for 15 minutes so far.

Big difference in power. ZL1 would be a direct comparison but I've never driven one. I decided on SS vs ZL1 since its main use will be track and I thought I'd burn up more consumables on the ZL1 vs SS. I'm also an HPDE beginner and focused on having fun and challenging myself versus being fastest on track.

I've had a C8 which was very smooth. Blackwing is raw power in stealth mode. I get a kick that very few people know what a Blackwing is and how it can perform. SS 1LE is not as raw as the Blackwing but not as smooth as the C8. Then again I've only driven 15 miles and speed limit was 45mph.

I haven't taken any turns at speed so I don't have a feel for hugging the road yet.

The clutch feels less resistant in the 1LE compared to the Blackwing. I'm obviously in break-in mode but felt I had to short shift with the 1LE based on sound/feel feedback as compared to the Bladkwing and its wide ratios (I cruise at 75 in 5th gear on the interstate at about 1900 rpms in the Blackwing but could also cruise in 4th gear at about 3000 rpms. If I try to optimize gas mileage with 6th gear, I drop to about 1600 rpms and I can feel the ocassional studder for being in too high a gear. I haven't pushed the Blackwing or have done any launches either.

I have to admit ZL1 has crossed my mind again but only for a few minutes. Time will tell.

Name:  DSC_7437.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  148.5 KB
MattFL1 is offline   Reply With Quote