View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #51
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post

I wonder if people think that these cars will be collectable like the muscle cars of the 60s? Remember that was the end of an era, and the public couldn't obtain muscle cars like those anymore. This is what contributed to their exclusivity and collectability.

However, for the last 20 - 30 years these pony cars have been getting better with each new generation and model. Collectability is based on demand. Who wants an old car that can't keep up with a new one? Think about it. The Muscle car era ended at around 1973. Modern cars didn't see equal performance until around 1997 (give or take a few). Ask yourself who is collecting Camaros or Corvettes built between 1973 and 1997? While there are exceptions, I hope you see my point.
True. I probably won't word this the best way but I will try.

The recent boom in collectible cars was really due to barret jackson and the baby boomers throwing money at the classic cars. I don't know if people in their 30s now will have that same desire in 20-30 years like the baby boomers did. Like you said it was the end of an era but it was more than just the performance. Cars were literally part of the baby boomer youth and culture. Going to the drive in, car hops, packing people in just cruising around. There was songs about cars, songs about racing songs, about just cruising movies about cars where people literally did all of those things, it was literally a huge part of their lives. Unfortunately I don't see people near my age having that same connection to cars like people my old mans age. That is one of the main reasons I don't see modern cars going to be collectible.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote