View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #14
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatGuy View Post
Well my R was lowered so it got a little bouncy even in comfort setting with the DCC. I’d say though that the mag ride seems to absorb larger inconsistencies in the road better than the R did. I imagine the larger tires have something to do with that even though they’re low profile 20” compared to the 19” on the R. My wife even mentioned she thought the camaro was comfortable and that was a trip to OC this past weekend so we definitely put some miles on the 1LE to use as reference. The r wasn’t a bad ride I just feel that the 1LE feels better. Obviously that is very subjective. The tramlining in the 1LE is the only thing that bugs me but it isn’t really there all the time.
I think the MRC on the 1LE is AMAZING. It is hard to explain, but on the freeway, 120 feels as solid as 60. It just does an amazing job at masking your speed. With most suspensions, the faster you go, the more pronounced and amplified everything is. With the MRC, everything stays constant.

Without the HUD, it is VERY easy to find yourself in triple digit speeds in the 1LE. I constantly find myself checking my speedo with city street speed warning readouts to make sure my speedo is working right when I go by them because it is hard to believe I am going as fast as I am sometimes because there is no drama. Then I realize how fast I am passing other cars.

The SS 1LE is THAT good. If you asked my to pick any car under $110K, the only other car I would choose is the ZL1 1LE. The only car I could see myself replacing the 1LE with would be a new 911 or any of the Porsche GT cars. There is honestly nothing else that could offer me what I get in in the 1LE

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote