View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 05:00 AM   #36
RonatVengeance

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBrotato View Post
I never implied majority blame on any individual involved. I merely stated the possibility that some blame could be placed on the manufacturer and quoted your representative's outright denial of that, before any facts were brought up.

I wonder, how many of those sold were for 2018 LT1s?
The camshaft isn't the only part that could be out of tolerance..
I am not a mechanic nor was I present during install.
Instead I had my shop try to contact you about the matter all last week and they've stated your reps haven't returned any of their calls.

They're stating that camshaft was too big to be advertised for a stock LT1 and should've required flycut pistons and stiffer springs. They spoke with your reps before the install and stated their concern about its size..

That aside let the record show I'm the one taking the blunt of this. My shop is playing hot potato with the blame by placing it on you and is no longer covering the whole bill.

I will no longer be returning to that shop after this build is (re)done and will not be purchasing your products in the future.
I can tell you for FACT your shop is lying to you about our reps not returning phone calls. There are three of us in the office and I monitor all phone lines incoming and outgoing. We return ALL phone calls within 24 hours and I would be happy to log into my Comcast portal to show this.

Again, there was no "denial"... It is up to your professional installation shop to measure/verify BEFORE taking final payment and sending you down the road, not after you experience a catastrophic failure. Had someone called us and said "hey, we degreed your camshaft and advertised lift is xxx and actual lift is xxx" or "hey we verified piston to valve clearance on this camshaft and it is .080 and we prefer to see .090 or better" then you would not be in this situation.

As I said I am truly sorry you are in this position. I understand your anger and frustration, BUT you seem to be casting that net of frustration quite broadly when it should be directed to the shop who installed/modified your car.

*Install shop did NOT verify piston to valve clearance (even though they stated prior to installing the camshaft it was too big as stated above?)

*Install shop did NOT degree the camshaft to ensure actual specifications matched advertised specifications.

*Install shop did not verify install height on valve springs yet states there should have been stiffer springs used (after the fact?). Feel free to call Brian Tooley to discuss his spring kit being used with our camshaft.

*Install shop did not call us ( can be proven with ZERO doubt) to discuss any concerns before/during/after installation.

The information above is FACTUAL, not speculation and not emotion, just pure facts. It seems your "professional shop" may not be so professional or they would have taken the proper steps to ensure your modifications were reliable and enjoyable. I am sorry to lose you as a customer, but again I am not sure how we could be to blame in this situation or more importantly I am not sure how we could actually help at this point?

Again my phone # is posted above if you would like to discuss things with me personally.
RonatVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote