View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 10:30 AM   #9
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 2SS View Post
Don't you think the fact that it only starts doing it with the slightest bit of gas above 40mph would point to something else? I figured if it was the wheel\tire itself it would just be constant

That usually is indicative of the Transmission shudder. And 2019's were listed as having it, but granted that was supposed to be exclusive to the A8 and not the A10.

Was there a different A10 trans for 2020+? or was it the 10L80?

The trans shudder is known to happen between 30-80mph, and at the usual same places, for me it was 50mph, and 70mph on my 2016. As soon as I applied more than a light accelerator pedal, the vibration would stop.

To my knowledge and I could be wrong, if it was a wheel imbalance, or tire imbalance you would feel it while braking as well, not just accelerating. And if it was an alignment issue you would notice the car pulling to one side over the other when you take your hand off the wheel (excluding road crowns / Tire pressure issues)

The only other thing I can think of that may be causing that is a warped rotor but again that's usually felt while braking, not sure if it can be felt while acclerating.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq

Last edited by FlukeSS; 05-19-2022 at 10:47 AM.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote