View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:06 PM   #17
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
So they make these head units capable to not only run aftermarket amps and speakers but also integrate to the vehicle operations? In the screen I can adjust my suspension (I also have MagRide)/steering/dual mode exhaust, adjust power door lock and delay lighting, perimeter transmitter activation, climate control settings, I can even set the front and rear defrosters to come on by themselves when the outside temp is sensed at 36 degrees! Navigation, XM radio, backup sensors, blind spot monitors, memory driver's seat automatic exit and entry settings...... all that stuff and much more is all programmed in the car through the infotainment screen.

You mean the new aftermarket head units will work with all of that and keep all of my operations?
I completely understand your concern.. that is a lot of extra settings and you have a 2019 model. Do you know your radio code? Would be on a silver label under the trunk mat. I'm not seeing much for 2019 models yet. Your radio options should be IOR, IOS, or IOT from what I see. You may have to wait a little longer for the market to catch up to all those settings. We really need to push idatalink to develop modules for our platform. They are the best so far for other vehicles, we just aren't listed yet and they told me camaro isn't on their active project list. All those settings run thru the data lan lines in your vehicle. The aftermarket module just needs to be programmed to pick up on everything. Even if some settings aren't readily available, they give firmware updates regularly that will reprogram the module they offer (PAC and Idatalink). So reach out to them as well and try to get our cars on their active list.
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote