View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #10
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Just my .02.

I personally believe cyberspace is the getaway younger people seek as opposed to how taking a long spirited drive does for the older generations. Chevy is trying to get these younger buyers to get into an entry-level Camaro so they can hopefully steer them later into the bigger engine models and etc. I personally believe this is going to be an uphill battle that Chevy will not win. Cyberspace is real and so is the information highway. Jumping in a car and dragging up and down the street with your girlfriend is old hat. Many of these young people rather make videos of themselves doing other things than waste money on gas, insurance, and a monthly car payment. Muscle cars will be the first to go in my opinion. The purest of these cars (V8s) are not for light-wallet individuals.

Conversely, there's a lot of tinkering a younger buyer can do (more economically) with an entry-level Camaro, which is more sports car than muscle car nowadays. I think Chevy is sending a message to the older crowd that they are now moving towards the new money and that the older crowd is no longer their point of emphasis. Chevy, Ford, and Dodge know that they are the only 3 options for the purest/extremists muscle car fanatics out there. They also know these individuals will pay a premium to keep these cars around. Having so few options for domestic muscle/pony cars will keep their prices on the high side. Here are our options as of today:

Chevrolet Camaro
Ford Mustang
Dodge Challenger/Charger

I believe we are nearing the tipping point of change.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote