View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #28
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Personally, I am for an EV DD to leave the wear and tear off the fun car.

But otherwise, a manual ICE car will be fun for me. Notice I said "fun", not "does sick 0-60 pulls".

And IDK, paying extra money to be Guinea Pigs of EV doesn't sound like the best financial idea to me, which is another reason for people to just wait. Kinda like my recent Surface Book 3 purchase. I have been attracted to Surface Book series for a while but only recently pulled the trigger. Glad that I waited as it turns out that SB and SB2 had their fair share of issues while SB3 polished most of them.

Figuring out how to put out lithium fire other than "well there is nothing we can do other than just waiting" is a good start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
exhaust is overrated when all it gets you in many places in harassed by cops.

the electric Camaro will sell just as well as the ice Camaro.... which is to say probably not enough to avoid the doomsday talks about its future every year.

not unless they stop listening to the old guard like they did with the current design and evolve the Camaro into something more than a few thousand people want.
That's why NPP exists, duh. Turn to Touring mode if you want to stealth. And technically, if you have stock exhaust and cops harass you for it, I would love to do a VI(only to prove the car is not modified except for the intake which is road legal) and get a few hundred bucks from a small claims court for wasted time.

And I mentioned it in another thread, but you sound like you work for BMW. Please the mass and who gives a crap about brand identity? As said, it will be a eternal juggling between keeping the identity and keeping the sale volumes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
The poor sales of the Camaro now have NOTHING to do with its engines and everything to do with the back seat and trunk room and perceived (but not real) limited visibility.

If that were the case the C8 would be collecting dust in showrooms. GM can’t make them fast enough.

Every kid still loves the sound of a small block. Fact.
Anecdotal evidence points to yes for the last statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spireland View Post
Not really. Scaling the grid is a solvable problem, plus most people charge at night when grid draw is the lowest.

The real problem is unified charging tech and urban use. If you don’t have a home it’s much harder to charge. Charging connectors are all over the place, it’s like the PC marker in the early 80s with all the compatibility issues.
I don't know, given the Texas freeze and California's rolling blackouts, there are a lot to figure out. I have recently taken a course on electrification and the later part of the course actually involves a lot of economics of power generation. And when engineering, you have to consider worst case scenarios, not hoping that everyone will charge at night. I think some sources are simplifying the process a bit.

And yeah, everything electronic has the great issue of port compatibilities. For example, most modern phones are favouring USB-C over 3.5mm ports, except some USB-C ports output analog signals(like 3.5mm) but some output digital signals that need to be converted by the headphones themselves, so not every headphones will work with every phone.

Just. Make. Them. The. Same. It's not like I go to gas station and the nozzle is different for a Chevy than a Ford or a Honda.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote