View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 08:27 AM   #158
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
You missed what I was getting at, like I said, they got the hardware right. There are no good special editions for the 6th gen.

I strongly stand by my opinion that there are very, very few "car guys" in a position of authority at GM. They're pumping out toasters faster than Toyota did 10 years ago. Yes, they have a few bright spots, but a lot of duds
I'm not trying to argue with you here, but I feel the opposite. I am a car guy and I have NO interest in some stupid name that has heritage that I have to pay extra for. "1LE" is just the option code for that package. That's exactly how I like it. I don't want someone's stupid name attached so I now have to pay twice as much for that package, trim level, or model.

Also, the 6th gen Camaros (like the SS, SSLE, ZL1, ZLE, etc) are NOT toasters. They are the best performing vehicles in their class, better than most in classes way above, and the best performance per dollar in any class. The only way Chevy could have ruined these cars would be to make them "Special". All that entails is adding some dude's name in the car, a "special" badge, and and extra $10k to MSRP and another $5k=$10k for AMDs.

In fact, I find it hilarious that Ford guys spend 10's of thousands of dollars extra for a Sheby name, when Carroll Shelby went to Chevy first because he loved Chevy and Corvettes. It wasn't until GM turned him away that he went to Ford. You want me to pay extra to put a guy's name on my car that thought that car company was second best? GTFOoH!!!

Let's face it, the S550 has had significant shortcomings. The Mach 1 seems to be the first Coyote powered S550 that doesn't have significant shortcomings (so far as we know). The Tremec updgrade is long overdue, the coolers are long overdue (they don't have to be standard, but they should be available somehow), and let's hope they settled down the suspension, because the PP1 sucked, and the PP2 was better but still not great. Why can't I get these things on a plain GT? I would even pay a bit extra for them as an option or option package. But, I don't want to have to pay for a name to get to this level of performance. To me, this should be the regular GT with a PP or TP option.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote