View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #25
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Yes with mild agitation (light hand wash with a chenille microfiber wash mit). Most of the best car shampoos are pH neutral. Grab a bottle of Adams, Meguiars, Cemical Guys, Carpro, etc. car shampoo and try it out for yourself.
I use meguiar's gold class soap.

The reason I ask is I've been using meguiars gold class soap & ultimate wax on my honda, since I bought it new. I did have it "paint corrected" by a pro, prior to this regimen.
I dont have any swirls or anything but I was claying the car today after washing it clean. There was a ton of crap embedded in the paint/remaining wax, that appeared on the clay bar. I really keep this car super clean. Its always spotless and waxed regularly.

For being a bit OCD in keeping the honda so clean, I am shocked at how much grime has accumulated while using a reputed pH neutral soap and a decent wax (IMHO).
EDIT: The maximum I have gone without re-waxing this car has been about 7-8 weeks.

So, should I be claying more than once in 6-8 months? Because pH neutral doesnt seem to clean away all the grime the car collects. And this is not the daily driver, mostly sits in a garage. Its only been driven about 5500 miles.

I am not looking forward to claying the camaro. That car has seen 10k miles in the past year and sits outside a lot more than the honda.

Last edited by indyz; 04-15-2019 at 10:41 PM.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote