View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #7888
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Any loss you take will purely be due to the trans and doesn't reflect on you. It's just that you have a particular disadvantage that will be significant. And yea you're gonna have to beat him before switching to 5th because that is where he might overtake you. Or if you have a decent lead then you might be able to keep the lead somewhat.

If I may ask, what mods do you have that put you at 730 RWHP? Is there room for more if you want to turn it up? I mean, if you're on the stock blower then you might be tapped out. But if you have a blower and cam swap then maybe dial it up a bit. I say that because I pretty much think that any 500 you come across will most likely be pulley/tune/LTs and in the 800+ range. Plus I think the days where 600 and 700 RWHP cars are just not gonna cut it anymore against the big dogs.

I’m not really worried about whether I could outrun a GT500. Truth to tell, I’ll probably never have the chance to find out. Even if I do, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if I lost; there’s always someone faster. It’s just that my wife’s innocent query regarding our chances vs. a GT500 was an interesting match up to ponder. Usually I can give a definitive answer to questions of this nature: Yes, honey, we can probably take that Corvette, GT350, Hellcat, ect. (assuming they’re stock). No, we probably can’t take that modded GTR, 720S, 911 turbo, etc.
Blaq, it’s f#@ing unreal that 600 – 700 whp doesn’t cut it anymore, isn’t it? I’m running a 2300 Maggie at around 10psi on a forged, cammed LT1 with LT4 fueling. My lowside (ZL1 pump with JMS voltage booster) is pretty much maxed out on e60. If I wanted to, I’m sure I could address the low side and possibly pulley my way into the low 800’s before running out of high side or injector. I’m okay with my current power level, the car is dead nuts reliable, and is a real beast on a road course. I’ve done numerous track days without breaking anything. I’m sure this would not be the case on the drag strip; even with my relatively modest power, if I hook, something is going to break before too long.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote