View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #19
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRSOLO View Post
This issue has been beat to death on the vette forums. Seems that the eco mode that caused the engine to go from V8 to V4 mode is the likely problem. It's looks like it's causing the convertor to hunt or search for optimum RPM and in doing so it's locking, unlocking, locking. This is wearing the convertor out. Looks like the solution for many has been a device called a "Range Finder" a plug and play box that eliminates the eco mode from ever engaging. I almost got the C7 A8, but got the C7 M7 because I read of this problem but at the time I didn't know of a "real" fix. It seems that the flush that dealers are doing is temporary fix. Good luck.
The Range device does NOT solve the issue. I tried the device just before I had the shudder, for the reason you stated, as well, I hate AFM. The shudder occurs because of tuning and possibly manufacturing issues (or TC design). If the car is forced into V8 mode by the range, that doesn't affect an independent TC tune, it will still shudder. I used the Range sparingly prior to the flush, but since the flush, so far so good @ 500 miles . I'm waiting for many more miles to rack up before I try and reinstall... or possibly trade up ...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote