View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 06:12 PM   #13
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scantone View Post
It's constant, easy to verify start the car let it idle and look at your pressure gauge on the regulator. It's going to be whatever you have it set at.

If you didn't have the low side fuel pressure sensor the car would probably go nuts thinking it had no pressure and you wouldn't have any reference when logging if your lowsides keeping up.

All the FC3 is looking for on the remote side is a signal over 6.5 volts making the relay either on or off. You can pull the cover off the FC3 it's just a regular relay and fuse inside for each pump circuit.

If the FPCM or whatever the brains called was still controlling the primary pump the relay inside the FC3 would melt in no time, it's not made to be shutting on and off rapidly to contol fuel pressure. It's just a standard relay for each pump circuit.
I’m commanding the exact same set point that my regulator is set at too (~72 psi), so I’d be reading that constant pressure anyway. But I think you’re right. I was kind of hoping to run less pressure around town then juice it up at WOT. Not sure that’s possible… Good info though, thanks.