View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #5
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
So here is the story.

I installed the Soler Performance Mod. Throttle Body 95+MM with the Soler Performance Adapter (95mm to 87mm throttle body) and a Roto-Fab cai.

As instructed, I disconnected the battery before starting the installation and when I finished I reconnected it and followed the relearning instructions included with the throttle body:

- Ignition on, idle for 3 mins
- Ignition of for 1 min
- I repeated the steps above one more time
- Ignition on and I drove normally at 44mph or above and I allowed the car to decelerate to a stop and idle (I used the brakes at some point)

I then drove the car normally and 5-6 mins later I got a reduced power warning and a CEL and the engine went into limp mode. I stopped the car at the side of the road, switched it of, waited for a couple of minutes and then started it again. The CEL remained on, but the engine seemed to run normally. While returning home the same thing happened 4-5 times. When I finally arrived, I connected my HP Tuners and I detected a P2101 code (Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance).

Does anyone know why I got this problem? Is it a bad throttle body, or is it something else that I can do to make the car run fine again. Can it be an issue of installing the throttle body and the adaptor along with a Roto Fab cai? I was told that I do not need a tune. Your input will be vary much appreciated. FYI, I now disconnected the battery and I am planning to follow the same relearning process as above.

I appreciate the input guys.
A new calibration is often necessary for a new/larger tb. I would have it retuned to eliminate that variable.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is online now   Reply With Quote