Thread: STARTING OVER
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #7
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I generally do not use dish washing soap to wash my car. Some sealants may recommend it, but I find that dishwashing soap is harsh for the surface. You are lucky that you are in a warm climate, because my detailing season usually ends in November.

If you are diligent in cleaning the car and keeping it out of the weather, then you may find that you will only need to prep and polish the car once a year. My regimen will usually consist of the following:

Wash
-claybar/wash-rinse
-tape trim areas
-I like to start with a medium grade polish (swirl mark remover strength). Others may use a paint cleaning polish to start. I use an orbital buffer with different grades of pads.
-Paint clean and/or Finishing polish.
-Clean residue (I like a non carnauba based QD)
-Wax or sealant of your choice.

If I'm in really great shape (meaning no swirls), then I'll skip the aggressive polish and use a paint cleaning polish.

After I put down the wax, I'll just wash the car occasionally and continue to add wax until the end of the season (usually when its too cold to wax.)

I've had great results every time with my regimen, but it depends on the condition of your paint and the type of materials that you will use.

Good luck.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote