Thread: LT2 vs LT5
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
It's not happening....

1.) The LT2 will most likely power the next generation Camaro...
2.) GM is not going to make the same mistakes twice by creating a stripper version Z/28
3.) They also wont basically create a more powerful SS 1LE

The reality is that the Z/28 is essentially dead in this environment... and short of them throwing an LT1 with a power bump into the ZL1 1LE setup... I don't see them ever building a 6th gen Z/28...
I have to agree with this ^ A similar thought hit me in the GT500 vs ZL1 thread.

The ZL1 as a grand tourer and with the 1LE track pack is such an amazing track car that does having a less powerful track car that isn't as good as the ZL1/ZLE make sense from a business point? As Blaq likes to say a track car that isn't as good on the track lol.

The 5th gen Z/28 really kind of screwed the pooch on a future Z/28. It was the top of the food chain, best performing track camaro.

I don't see any way they make a NA powered camaro outperform the ZLE. Yes they did in the 5th gen, but did it by making it 300 lbs lighter and were only down 75hp.

There are only 2 ways I see a 6th gen Z being possible.

Like you mentioned, a hot LT1 in a ZLE set up. It would be better than a SS 1LE, but not as good as teh ZL1 and would cater to the NA track guys.

Or if they just said screw the history and all the BS we spewed out with the 5th gen car and stick the LT5 in it.(which I don't see happening)
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote