View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #5
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
After playing with the meth for a while I have noticed that nozzel placement has alot to do with things. I was running like half to sometimes a full point afr difference from passenger side to drivers side with pass richer. Depending on where in the rpm band. So i played around some with nozzle placement put the nozzle's facing each other top to bottom about 3 or 4 inches from the throttle body. Guess what its now .3 max to the same afr both sides. But with the drivers side richer. So for me thats close enough but I am relying on the meth for fueling.

Some say thats dangerous because what if the meth pump fails? I say u aint useing enough meth lol so that if it fails the car will just nose over. No where near enough fuel is way better than enough to keep running at 16 or so to 1.

I will also say this. Cut out and solder all push together connections period. Except may be the fuse dont cut the holder but solder that fuse to it. Another thing I do is run a voltage some call it a boost a pump to the control box and therefore the pump. That keeps a steady exactly same voltage to the system as the car can vary that voltage depending on state of battery. I think it always goes to 14 volts at wide open but it has to ramp up. With the boost a pump its always rock steady no matter what the car voltage does.

In the beginning I had a thing happen where the light was not going green or coming on at all. No damage I saw it right away. Went under the hood wiggled a few wires it started working. Thats bad cause u dont know where the loose connection is. The main fuse holder seemed like the fuse was maybe loose definitely not tight so I started their soldering all connections all, and have not had any trouble since. Year and a half ago I guess and yes Im on my second no make that, just got my 3rd 55 gallon drum.

Another thing I do is the gray wire I think it is coming off the alky control turns on a rely that operates my aem wide band. It the controller looses power blows a fuse ect my wide band looses power so i instantly know theirs a problem.

Hop this helps all and you oldman as you have been very helpful to me. Thanks all.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote