View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 06:32 PM   #104
drstancpa

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS Convertible
Thanks! I have the trim piece coming in the next few days and will dry making the hole with a dremel and see. We're very well connected to several Chevy dealerships through a family member, and even leaning in for favors, absolutely no assistance from GM on this. Really, really ridiculous on a $50k car with less than 20k miles, but here we are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
I did not try that when I replaced mine, I removed the additional retaining clip.

My issue was the arm that holds the spring broke off the trim panel door on the LH side. But, I replaced both sides. I figured if the LH side failed, the RH side, being the old design, would probably fail soon too.

Anyway, after looking at it, you might could drill a pilot hole, then using a Dremel, shape it into a slot for that new 3rd clip. But it's close, I suspect the new regulators are shaped a little differently to accommodate the additional 3rd retaining clip. Regardless, you don't have anything to loose by trying.

I can see how the additional retaining clip gives the quarter trim panel a little more support, but I didn't think I needed the 3rd clip because my issue was the arm the holds the spring broke off the trim panel door.

Photo 1: Yellow circle shows the additional reinforcement on the arm that retains the spring. Green circle is the new 3rd retaining clip.

Photo 2: New quarter upper trim panel installed. Red circle is what remains of the 3rd retaining clip mount.

Photo 3: Regulator panel with the red circle showing about where a slot would be needed to accommodate the new 3rd retaining clip.

--KLG--
drstancpa is offline   Reply With Quote