View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:09 PM   #37
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I know.. been doing it for 18 years now (with last time being 1 event at Road America and 1 at Thunderhill). I also get the drag strip, which we don't bother with, that certainly does limit your track options. I was just talking about the general logistics of switching locations, not the amount of available venues.

And I wasn't trying to be negative at all.
If we just did the road track part yes... it would be cake. They are staffed well, have solid rules and pretty much take care of things. Spectators are not normally a huge part of the deal and neither is a car show or vendors at a road track. CFest goes on for 4 days as you know with 2 night time parties, 3 types of track events, car show and lots of spectators. The vendor thing is a part that road tracks don't normally allow and it's a very difficult piece of the puzzle.

We are also timing and competing for awards and AutoX is completely on us for that.

Do you have a link to your event. It actually sounds like something I'd like to make. Really want to just be a participant at this stuff.