View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 12:55 PM   #31
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I was busy quoting a bunch of folks and then hit this post which is dead on.

I would really like to move and will explain more on that. We've explored every single track location over the years and there are always missing components that degrades the event we want to put on. Indy is a good second but the hotel doesn't deal with us like Holiday Inn and the convention center room in BG is awesome for what we do.

Sean is correct about doing it for YOU and he's become a big part of that now. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the way this year's car show ran. Credit him 100%. I know if Joe and I don't keep going it will die. Not that there aren't other events, but this one is pretty special as most of us know.

All that being said, we do have very solid relationships built in BG and they continue to get better. The Visitors Bureau sets up contacts we need to include multiple advertising avenues (never had that anywhere else). Hotels, Beech Bend and NCM all roll out the red carpet for the Camaros and now that we've done this a few times they basically hand us the keys and we know what to do and mutually know what to expect of each other. Yes, it got a lot easier this year, but not without some focus areas to improve.

Two years ago we needed AutoX improvements and meet and greet organization. We removed having to work cones, increased the # of runs and I think M&G speaks for itself. Last year were drag race and NCM improvements. This year we focused on Car Show and next year Vendors will be a main focus. We can't do this changing locations.

So....

We don't plan to re-invent the wheel but rather make it bigger and better (especially with #10 coming). Bowling Green is home until someone wants to replace me or Joe (hint hint).

Also, we plan to really help and push CamaroCon to be a success in Vegas. Between these two events it should cover a much larger area. You will see more from us on this one.

Cheers,
Mike
So if I'm reading that right BG is locked in for #10 we just need the dates? Should we probably expect same time as always? That would put it Thursday July 9th to Saturday July 11th?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote