View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 08:04 AM   #7
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Stick with the factory recommended oil and viscosity. Same with the filter. The 64 is a good filter. Tens of Millions of engineering dollars already went into determining the best oil/filter for your car. Stick with the dexos 2 as recommended. It is a special formulation intended to work with your existing emission system. I use magnets available on Amazon on my oil filter. They help trap small metal particles in the filter and do not allow them to recirculate back into the engine. A magnetic drain plug and filter magnets are good, cheap insurance. I am a big believer in catch cans, I have always used them. I think they are particularly helpful on a DI engine. But beware of warranty issues if you are otherwise stock. They are a readily identifiable mod to a dealer and it does change the factory set up. Lots of internet lore, some verifiable, about catch can's resulting in denial of warranty work. Cheers!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote