View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #306
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
FYI to everyone...

The latest revision of the shudder TSB (July 8 2019 : 18-NA-355 TSB) now states to go ahead and just do the flush if it has not yet been performed. This is good news, and what GM should have done from the beginning with this latest fluid if they were so confident in it.

It also more or less states that the factories switched over to the new fluid in February of 2019, so 8 speeds built after that date should be good to go.
I was on the phone with my dealer this morning to make the appointment for the steering bolts recall, and the A8 shudder, and some lingering differential groaning when cold.

He knew of the TSB, and in fact mentioned it to me after I described the issue to him, which I thought was a good sign. He also knew of the July revision.

One thing we differed on, which I didn't push on was he thought that the transmission fluid had never changed spec. Am I misinterpreting the comments above about there being a new fluid? I have the earlier version of the TSB, but have not been able to get ahold of the July 8 revision. Does anyone have a copy to share, and does it specify the fluid to use?

Thanks!