Old 12-24-2023, 11:56 AM   #1516
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief (tm) View Post
Jim,

Excellent "real-world" report.

I recall that Car & Driver did a similar experiment (perhaps on a 500+ mile trip?), resolutely determined to follow the car's charging-destination instructions to the letter. And they, too, were presented with some head-scratchers that demanded back-tracking, and/or which were different when they simply reversed direction (i.e., "came back").

And this is the part that really confuses me about the proh-cess via Tesla: I mean, they have the chargers, they have the software, and "they" (in this case, the computers) should know EXACTLY how to best route the car. Why this part falls through, in the fashion that you, C&D, and I'm sure many others have experienced, is really shocking...AND disappointing, because it provides semi-legit cause for concern for folks who may have been on the fence re: an EV, and range anxiety.
The only thing I can think of that makes any sense at all is maybe they are trying to balance usage across their Supercharger network. That might have them direct drivers to lesser used Superchargers with minimal overall charge time impact. Major annoyance factor, though.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote