View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 08:13 PM   #11
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I think what OP is asking for is much beyond the "Performance Shift Mode Activated" you get by blipping the throttle that merely holds a gear, mildly downshifts if you brake soon after, and disappears after 10 seconds or so of regular driving. If you recall, this car has I believe three aggression levels that are determined by a combination of algorithms and sensors on the car. There is no way to my knowledge to get this put onto a switch but man would that have been genius. Porsche does that with the PDK, where it holds gears, downshifts aggressively, etc. with a push of a button. The only way to get it into the max aggression mode is by pushing the car for a period of time undisclosed to us.
How much money does GM leave on the table by not monetizing these things into the car as options you can buy at the dealer? The eLSD updates are a good start, but I'd pay extra for the following:

- A10 Track Mode selectable via software (3 levels of aggression, great)
- Cold Air Intake Calibration
- Long Tube header Calibration (offroad/on-road)
- eLSD modes for various situations (autoX-drag,etc)
- ABS modes for different brake compounds/tires sizes/stickers
- Airbag and Seat harness firmware updates for on track only configurations

It doesn't make sense to me, these dealers could really capitalize on so much, but they stand there flat footed.
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote