View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #65
HotRod302

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I can't wait either, and I agree with the GT350R>Z/28>GT350TP. I think on a tight/technical course with short straights the Z/28 might even pull off the win against the GT350R, but long straights will definitely favor the car with more power and less weight. This is going to be one fun match up.

The Europeans are probably getting a bit worried right now. First the Z/28, then the new Stingray and Z06. Now we have the GT350 twins and the numbers from the 6th Gen SS all becoming real competitors in the performance arena, at a fraction of the price. Good days for America!
I wish that were the case. In most cases the euros will still look at our marques as rude and crude. In some aspects they may be correct. I believe euro snobbery will overcome their awe at the performance value American cars will offer. On the other hand you will see hardcore performance nuts who will jump at the chance to pay less and outperform the pricey euro makes. Our interiors I believe will be an especially sore point for them. Except for the ponycar/musclecar club folk, Euro enthusiasts dont quite get the intent of a ponycar and it will take a very convincing demonstration of American ponycars sharpened ability to corner with the blueblood rides. I'd love to see Chris Harris Fifth Gear or the former Top Gear clowns give the GT350 and Camaro SS their endorsement. Chris Harris loved the 2015 GT and Fifth Gear drooled over the 2012 Boss 302's performance. Give them time and the may see the light. When european buyers start buying American and it cuts into their bottom line, THEN the automakers will worry.
HotRod302 is offline   Reply With Quote