View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 06:29 PM   #32
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I started putting model cars together in the 60s when I was a kid in grade skool. A kit then was about $1.25. Don't know the prices now. I put together MonoGram, AMT and the most detailed was Revell. I had a collection of parts and about 8 or 9 cars I had stored in boxes that I did over the years and sold all for $75 on Ebay about 15 years ago. The last models I put together were a Mustang and a Hellcat..errr..uhhh that being a P51 Mustang and a Grumman Hellcat WW2 fighter planes.
Kits today are around $25-35. When I was building them left and right when I was a kid in the 80s-early 90s they were about $5-10.

The hobby has found renewed popularity I think. Monogram was bought by Revell in the late 90s and just a couple years ago Revell went bankrupt but reorganized and are back in business. There’s new companies like Round 2 and Sorvino’s who bought the rights to the old kits and molds and are reissuing kits I remember as a kid and even ones going back to the 60s. The Camaro I’m building now is made by AMT but they’re a Round 2 subsidiary company now.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote