Thread: Bad service
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 07:50 PM   #9
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Guess you have never owned or operated a business. You have overhead, labor cost, material, rent, insurance, liability, etc. Like someone else said, dont like it? Go to autozone.

In my business I charge a flat 75 per hour per man. If i am there 1 hr or 5 minutes, I am still getting my 75 dollars. We are nit charities, we are here to make money.
And that’s exactly why people don’t trust mechanics. You and people like you give them a bad name. Hope you’re proud. I’m sure you are. Giving me the middle finger through your computer screen right now aren’t you? Yeah, I know your type.

There’s no reason on earth to charge $75 to run a diagnostic. No you’re not a charity. But plugging a chord into a computer is not an engine rebuild.

That’s a $25.00-$50 job at most. I’ll always tell people that when they ask me. And tell them not to go to a mechanic who’s charging more.

I have no problem arguing with a mechanic to lower their price on jobs I know take no time and are so simple a literal monkey can do it.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote