View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCorsaro View Post
I've been on again/off again about making the switch. I loved my 2014 1LE as well as my current 2015 Z/28, but the 6th gen's chassis, suspension, and entry price are just too good to ignore. Finally... righteous front camber in an OEM strut car.
David, I've talked to you a few times at the national events in Lincoln Nebraska and you helped me when I ordered my forgestar wheels for my 14 1LE on getting the correct offsets so thanks again for all the past information, I personally made the jump from the 14 1LE to the ZL1 1LE.

Other than the current issue that nobody makes a wide enough rear 200tw 19" tire for the back of the car unless you want to jump down to 18" wheels or are planning on going the Hoosier route in which they have correct sized tires for the car. Besides the tire issue the ZL1 1LE is pretty ridiculously tight car on the autocross course I am still amazed how quickly it can rotate and change direction you will be even more amazed since you're a much better driver than myself and be able to make the car work even harder I'm sure. I've only got about 3 events with the car this season and am still trying to learn to tame the horse power vs. my 14 1LE.

The additional camber is extremely nice, with the camber plates in the "track setting" without even touching the two adjustment bolts on the strut itself got the car right at 3゚ of camber in the front. (The cooled seat are also great on the autocross course haha)