View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
The micro suede is easy to maintain... a damp rag, a light wipe down and finish up with a horse hair brush (or similar).

The SS and the Z feel the same as far as power goes, until ~ 50% throttle.

I’ve said this in other posts...The one thing I really don’t like about the Z, is getting in and out (especially getting out, it can be a PIA). As well, you’ll always have to be fully aware of the front spoiler on the Z, inclines, speed bumps, curbs etc.

Overall, for me :

Z vert + 4 power, looks, exclusivity, recaro’s (once seated)

SS vert + 5 easier entry and exit, less concern over front scraping / or breakage, more tire and wheel options, still a very fast car for less $, no unnecessary heat exchangers that could fail (unless you’re going to race it, then get the Z)

Both cars give off tons of brake dust from the Brembos... more the Z than the SS, just because of the larger surface area. If she’s concerned about cleaning, then be prepared to to install a different low dust pad.

BTW... you started me thinking about my 87 GTA.... should have kept it. I ended up unloading it because it was hit by a motorcyclist blowing through a flashing red in South Boston. (Pic was documentation for insurance).
Attached Images

Last edited by Chutzpah; 04-06-2021 at 03:35 PM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote