View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
I agree, Ruby. Look how long Ford kept this generation of the Mustang....very long. I don't think the 5th Gen Camaro has come close to running it's course especially with all the additional versions that have been released. Like you, I hope the 5th Gen stays around for longer than the reported rumors.

One thing I know they have to be addressing is the cafe' standards coming up. They really need a smaller, lighter Camaro to meet the standards, IMO. This might play more into the 6th Gen release than we would like.

I'm wondering to if they aren't waiting to see how the new Mustang is accepted. Reports are that it will be completely different and not really have a retro styling. If the community doesn't like it or accept the change, that will give GM some insight on what direction to go with the 6th Gen Camaro.

This is just my theory and worth what you paid for it. It will definately be interesting to watch the next couple of years in car designs all because of the cafe standards. Either way, I'm still going to enjoy my 5th Gen.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote