View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #189
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Transformers 4 isn't slated to release until June 27, 2014. The production 2010 Camaro was officially revealed in July 2008 by GM and Transformers was released with a near-production concept in early July 2007. There is a trend here. It's not like there was no competition with the fifth gen.
The concept was never intended for production. That's the only reason it seems as though GM showed it early.

The production car was revealed less than a year before production started in April of 2009. Production of the 6th gen won't start until 2015ish, maybe 2016.

And the trend needs to end. I'm tired of GM showing their cards ridiculously early just to satisfy a bunch of spoiled enthusiasts. All it does is provoke knee-jerk reactions when GM doesn't fully release details (which they never do if the reveal takes place far before production begins) and gives the competition a heads-up on what to improve on their cars.

The SUV launch is exactly what GM should be doing. Reveal a few months prior to production. Hell if I had it my way, GM wouldn't reveal cars until a month or so before production.