View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:06 PM   #36
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravis22 View Post
Got the oil and differential fluid changed this morning. Took about twice as long as they said, but they charged me less then expected. At first, was going to be even less but I asked to confirm they actually changed the diff fluid because they were only going to charge me like $58, they assured me they did it and charged me more :/. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut!

I also noticed they listed the oil part number as 88865638, which is the old 5w30 oil and I asked them about it, since I called ahead and confirmed this morning that they were going to use the 0w40. They said that’s just what the system lists for v8s, but that the techs know, and definitely used, the 0w40 oil on Camaro’s and corvettes, especially the Z’s.

This makes me feel uncomfortable, but I guess I have no option but to trust them.

If I wasn’t living in a temp rental with no access to my tools and stuff, I would likely have just done it myself to ensure it gets done right, but kind of limited right now. Hopefully by the time any future work like that comes due I’ll be in a better position to do it myself.

Appreciate the input!
Complete BS that the techs know. I will say their checkout process is not good and I usually have to stand there forever to pay.

I would complain and make them drain the oil, especially if you plan on going to the track. Use that part # as your proof. Really sorry this happened, but why didn't you watch them. OW40 has to be put in using plasitc bottles and easy to spot. I usually walk outside and chat with the tech too. Ugggh... sorry man.