View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #39
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Thanks for that feedback Norm, read the same thing regarding the Carb XP12's /glocs from some other members, would it be safe to assume I won't be hitting temps of 1200°F / 650°C or is that totally dependent on the track and my driving style?
I'll probably get some temp stickers like Sean is using to see where I am at as I really have no idea.
I wouldn't assume anything, given your car's potential.

What I can tell you is that I appear to have mildly overheated a set of XP8 Carbotechs (comparable temperature rating to the DTC30) with about half your HP, mostly on tracks that are somewhat less brake-intensive than what I think you're describing (only two truly heavy braking zones per lap, fairly evenly spaced; I think Nicky will agree). For me, those stops are roughly 125 to 65 and 105 to 55; his will be considerably faster.

Picture taken at 50% friction material thickness.

Something else to be aware of . . . I have noticed that on leaving the hotel the morning after a track day that bite is a little on the soft side for the first few street stops before it recovers. But they never faded at all out on the track the day before, and they're fine on day 2 of a 2-day event.. FWIW, I'm running MPSS tires (Aim datalogging has the car out past 1.25g during a session).

I'll have to hunt down that Raybestos chart just to add to my collection of such information - do you have a link?

Norm