View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #34
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I have indeed run the stock pads with a few different tire combinations including SC3R's, NTO1's, Hoosier R7's, and DH take-offs. They worked for all the tires. With that said, they WILL fade. But it is a very linear, consistent and manageable fade. I never felt they truly impacted safety or lap times. You can run them all day and they won't destroy your calipers either.

I finally ran a set of DTC70/60's this past event and I really did not feel a huge improvement. They generated a few hundred degrees more (I have temp stickers on calipers), which in turn caused some fluid issue. They also after one event turned all four calipers into Brownbo's. All in all, taking into account the extra heat, "destruction" of the calipers and marginal improvement in braking performance, I can not say I find them worth it. I will be giving them another go in two weeks at a different track, so we will see if my opinion changes.
Super valuable first hand experience, thanks Sean.
Looking forward to hearing/reading what your next experience is like, but that speaks volumes.
Interested to see if you're interested in the Racing Brake product recommended by Nicky.

Where did you get the temp stickers from? I might try that myself just to see what this track and my braking style bring my temps up to.

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 09-06-2019 at 01:01 PM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote