View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #36
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
No it didn't , it just warned ( buser ) and probably applied the brakes because the cars where crossing his path at a certain distance in front of the car ( Tesla )
It was not telling that the other cars were about to crash into each other at the intersection and or on the other lanes of traffic
Ive been in the Model S, the car is actually way beyond anything that the other manufacturers have today. While it doesnt 'predict' an accident, it does 'see' past the car in front of you. I believe it bounces radar under the car in front of you. One of its displays shows all the traffic around you that the car 'senses.' It can recognize the car to your right or left (how it caught those vehicles drifting into your lane in that one video and steered away from it - the car actually did that and not the driver). In one of the videos, it recognized that the car two cars ahead was braking - the car in front of it didnt and rear ended the car that was braking but the Tesla was already decelerating when that happened.

Someone said the car cant drive you home - the Tesla is there but I think its still in the testing phase. Its cruise (autopilot) will stop at lights and then proceed when the light changes.

So far crashes involving a Tesla have been investigated by the NTSB and Ive only read of one that was related to the car and not a driver issue - the cars radar had a 'blind spot' that they have since fixed.

Im with others on the fact that, even if I am 110% attentive when driving (I admit Im not), if these systems keep someone else from plowing into me at full speed while Im stopped at a light then they are worth having in a vehicle.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote