View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #165
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
im gonna jump in of Racechip, you can try and work with their support team to see if they would be on board with descaling your spark advance with the latest gts that is supposed to be remote tuneable before you buy but you know how large vendors can be - BUT- They have a no questions 30 day return policy which i have used and its true with no problems at all. I run the RS non tuneable version but I have 93 readily available and it works well I run it on 6 now a days full time with no issues. So you have nothing to lose really and the potential of a permanent solution for the knock situation which is not news.

I haven't spent the time on my logs to offer any definitive helps here because I m on to other avenues. at the lower select levels, it may actually reduce spark advance and end up solving itself. You get more aggressive remaps and spark advance up over setting 5, but under 4 is pretty tame. some more boost and less spark. It may be your recipe to get by on 91.

Also try the cooler plugs, there are older threads on here on that covered subject.

hope that helps.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote