View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 01:48 PM   #159
JayRow52

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LS 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Cheers, man. One note of caution: I know that you are very sound-conscious and that's why you put the resonator on...the downpipe changes the sound of the car quite a bit. It's definitely noisier. I like it quite a bit.

Now the question is...what's next? After several runs the other day my turbocharger was glowing red. Wondering if the next step is an intercooler. Not sure I want to go through all that work, though...

Cosmetically, I want to add a spoiler and some gold/bronze 19" wheels. Wider in back than current. And add some performance tires.
Not to get too much further off topic, but ZTS I'd consider an aftermarket oil cooler either before or with the intercooler. If you're glowing red I bet your oil temps are getting pretty high. I hit 259* pretty regularly during track sessions and I'll be adding one this off season. For us non-1LE 2.0 owners the stock oil cooler is a liquid-to-liquid unit tying our oil and coolant temps together. A thermostatic mishimoto unit will hopefully help keep those temps down and add longevity to the turbo life without affecting engine warm up times (especially important for us living in four season climates).

To bring it back around, here's a good look at RaceChip and the process they go through in creating the tunes: https://youtu.be/9lhH7ygoxrU