View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 06:38 AM   #5
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
(BTW, I'm running two 12" SSA GCONs)
How do you like the GCONs? I'm considering either doing 2 GCONs, or 1 ICON, but I've never been able to hear either in person.

I have a phenomenal box builder that lives by me, so my plan is to do a birch 4th order bandpass through the rear armrest (if the car has one), or through the rear dash (if there's no armrest). I'm not sure if I want to do stained birch to match the color of my car, or cover it in carpet that matches the trunk, so that it looks like there is no enclosure in the trunk. The box design with take up the entire width and height of the trunk to save depth. With the carpeting, it will just look like the trunk is a little smaller in my car, which will help prevent theft, but leaves you with nothing to show off lol.

I wasn't sure how it would work, until the builder showed me an Impala in his shop with two 12s that was consistently hitting 155 on the termlab, all while having almost no trunk rattle. That enclosure went through the rear dash because the Impala didn't have an armrest, and I believe he said the rear seat didn't fold down.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote