View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #37
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
I think the reason people say that is because the 5th gen made such a huge splash with it's look. It was unlike anything out there. It was a head-turner. It was THAT car.

That's how a lot of people see the camaro now. The kind of car that is a the front of muscle car aesthetics. That is different, ahead of it's time.

With all due respect, the current Camaro design isn't a timeless one like the 911. It already feels long in the tooth after 6 model years and a refresh.

Visual refresh 2.0 isn't all that interesting to me. I was hoping for something that was eye catching, that would be the same kind of forward design - a head turner.

What makes it worse to me is that with each refresh they seem to be homogenizing the design more and more - it stands out less with each change. If chazcron is even remotely close, this is a car that's starting to blend in more and more, not stand out more and more.

I get refinement and performance arguments, but this car didn't get so much attention because it was refined. It got attention because it looked really good and like nothing else before it.

The mules and renders and speculation doesn't share that. It's in a werid place that it looks close enough to the current car that I don't feel the need to upgrade based on looks, but it's different enough that I'm glad I have the one I do because they just seem to keep watering it down.
The 5th gen was given ONE refresh which looks just fine for my tastes since I belong to a generation that use to get a model refresh each and every year when I was a kid growing up. Some people like it, some don't, thats totally acceptable when it comes to individual taste.

The 5th gen design inspiration was the 1st gen and it was refreshed every year with similar minor updates for all 3 years and they did not alter the basic design language but they enhanced enough of the car to keep it fresh. This would be very expensive in todays manufacturing climate.

5th gens still stand out in a crowd and continue to draw ooh's and ahh's from kids and adults alike, it has not grown old but it is time to move forward be it an evolutionary design or not.

I'm anticipating the new model to be a clean sheet upgrade as it relates to driving and performance dynamics from the present car. The design will be a bonus regardless of how far they decide to go from what we have today.

This car will make all you "Nancy's", no disrespect to any actual female Nancy's, change your tune once the car and info is finally revealed. This car will not disappoint.