View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #96
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I didn't want to be the first to say it because I figured I would get a beat-down (just because it came from me) but... I too believe my Soler TB may have been "partly" out-smarted by the ECU. It's been a few weeks since I installed and I could tell after about 1 week that the original potency had already diminished. Is it completely lost? I can't say for sure without reverting back to stock.

It hasn't been "weird" for me, but the rough idle in the morning has returned.

I've been working up the courage to revert back (I'd hate to go through the learning phase again if I'm wrong).

I think I'll revert tonight and report findings tomorrow... Inquiring minds n'such.
I went back to the OEM TB, I disconnected the battery and followed the Soler TB relearn process with my OEM TB to rule out learning as a pro/con.

When I compare Soler vs OEM immediately after relearn:
Soler feels better no doubt.

When I compare Soler after 2-3 weeks to my now freshly relearned OEM TB:
The OEM TB feels better.

So I suspect the OEM TB still has some learning to do and will also degrade in driveability and settle over the next couple weeks.

The remaining question is:
In a couple weeks when the OEM TB is all settled in, will it be the same as the Soler TB after it was settled in? I'll post back in a couple weeks.

As for placebo effect, I don't think it is. I think the Soler TB has a mechanical advantage over the OEM TB. I just think the GM Software is eventually outsmarting them both.
I'm going to bet the Soler TB would do well with a tune. But I'm tuning this car.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote