View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 09:22 AM   #5
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8Lakai8 View Post
So this might be a dumb question. first time posting and just in need of some general feedback. just installed a new CAI for my v6. first day everything was fine till after about 20 miles then CEL came on. At first I wasn't sure what it was. until later I found out with the autocal tool I got from overkill that I could check the codes. saw P0171 and P0174. Worked on my car earlier and disconnected the battery. Negative only. I took off the whole intake to make sure everything was placed correctly and fitted properly. looked for any air leaks but nothing.. reconnected battery and CEL was clear. took it for a test drive and again within 25-30 miles CEL came back on. At this point maybe its obvious I need a retune for the K&N typhoon. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.
I have the same exact cai it hasn't given me any codes or lights and I've had it for about 13k miles now. I did also buy a jet performance maff sensor to go along with the cai. Idk if that actually works or help but it didn't give me any errors the performance is great and the sound is awesome too.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote