View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 04:08 PM   #68
driftking123

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicCityCam View Post
Hey fellow Camaro diyer's. So I have a few questions about swapping out my 1SS display unit for a display unit with the ambient lighting. I have a 2022. After looking around I got 84582510 display unit to replace mine. But it has 2 white and 2 Grey plugs on the back sides where as mine has 4 white plugs. Would swapping out the 2 connectors like he did be the solve or do I need to just do what he did and remove the lighting then run the wiring to the floor well lighting wire? Thanks for all the great info on here.
I just removed my radio and the problem is not the lights or connectors, it's the wires going into the radio display. The wires on our 1ss (coming from the vehicle harness) have only 2 wires, 1 white and 1 black that connect to our radio display. So even if you get a radio display from a 2ss, all you will be gaining is the 2 led lights, but you still have the problem of wiring them up. That's why you have to get a wire kit (which has 3 wires going to the led lights) or make your own wires to go into the ambient kit. So you first need a light kit from GM or another website to get the lights (for your doors) and wiring to plug everything up to your car, then get the dealership flash your kit to get the ambient light switch on your display.

Then you have to get:
2 led lights
connectors to connect to the housing already on your 1ss display
3 wires to go from the connectors to the wiring kit you installed and had GM flash
then t-taps to splice into that wiring kit you installed

I hope this makes sense.
driftking123 is offline   Reply With Quote