View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 09:09 AM   #13
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I really don't see this big wide dohc engine getting put into the Camaro's engine bay without some major work done, though I'm just assuming it'll be wide and have no actual data, plus I doubt gm is willing. Much less a new dct housing for a front engine rear drive setup. It'd be cool to be wrong but I doubt it.

As cool as a high reving high hp NA engine would be, I wouldn't want it at the expense of the torque we've all come to expect on our cars. Especially if said engine would be paired up to an m6 with long-ish gearing instead of a dct like in the c8.

I would prefer and think a hot rodded version of the new 6.6 would be more likely, something along the lines of a new gen 5 lt version of an ls7. Or some sort of modified lt2 or lt2 equivalent as has been mentioned already.

I really don't think they will share this new hot engine designed for the c8 z06 with any other platform anyways, especially an older platform. Maybe a 7th gen if it happens.
You bring up a good point there that I would love to see people's response to. People love to dog the coyote and voodoo for now low end grunt. I'd bet some of those people would love this engine just because GM made it lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote