View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #7
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
That's pretty much where I was going in my thinking without posting it.

I think, if Chevy wants to do it right, in order to be cost effective, they'll have to add power to a ZLE, and I think it would be with LT5. Maybe add a bit bigger brakes, add 20mm to front and rear tires, make the DSSVs an option, and BOOM. Non-traditional Z28, hahaha. It seems like the chassis has some room to grow, and I don't think it will be faster without weighing 3500 pounds and having a minimum of 600 horse. It will cost too much to lose that much weight and won't be worth the expense of a brand new engine and chassis calibration. I don't know anything about any of those, so I'm probably wrong.

LT5, optional DSSVs, bigger brakes and tires, and you have a Z28 that performs better than ZLE. That seems as simple a way to do it as I can think of.
If they are willing to go back on how proud they were the 5th gen car was NA and all that heritage BS and go LT5 route that would be the only way I can see a Z/28 outdoing a ZLE.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote