View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 07:34 PM   #13
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I've noticed gen6 reviews that complain about the interior material quality are always 1LE with 1SS trim.

The 1SS has big chunks of plastic for knee bolsters on the console and door panels and all the 2SS upgrades are missing.

Drop down to a non-1LE and the quality drops another level.
Yea I don't ever hear complaints from the ZL1 owners. If anything, those who had harsh complaints change their tune once they get into a Z. For what you pay the overall quality of the interior and the materials used is a bargain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I for one would've been willing to pay some extra for better quality interior panels even with my 2SS, exact same design but not brittle hard plastic.

These things make little to no difference after using the car for a while, but it's GM's missed opportunity for creating a better initial impression (and raking in some extra $$$). First impressions can easily make or break a sale.
Agreed. For the price of a fully loaded 2SS, they should have come with the same quality as the ZL1. I say that factoring in that a base M6 trans ZL1 with no extras costs low $60K vs a fully dressed 2SS being in the high $50K range. The price difference could easily be attributed to the LT4, upgraded trans, etc. Therefore I think GM would have done well to make the 2SS interior the same as the ZL1.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote